Thursday, April 19, 2012

8/30: What are 5 passions you have

Some of my students in their Ice Show costumes
1. Teaching.  When I lived in Salt Lake, I taught Learn to Skate.  My favorite groups were the tiny tots because they learned so much in such a short time frame it was amazing.  Teaching someone something that you love to do and to have them fall in love with it too, is one of the most amazing feelings you can have!



2. Skating.  This sorta goes with #1. Skating has taught me SO many lessons and I have made some of my best friends through this sport.



3. Helping others.  Volunteering has always been something that I am very passionate about.  I have been tremendously blessed in my life and if I can pass at least a few of my blessings on to someone who needs it more than I do that makes it even better.

Great Wall of China Summer 2006 {after climbing to the top of that section behind us}

Summer Palace Gardens: China, Summer 2006

Nottingham, England {After spending the whole 24 hrs prior throwing up/sick}
4. Travel.  I am obsessed with seeing the world.  It has so much to offer and I hope that I get the chance to see and take advantage of everything.



5. Running.  My newest and most frail passion.  I have this negative attitude towards it occasionally but the feeling I get after a run is over and I have successfully run farther than I ever have before is tremendous.  We'll see if this is a real passion after the Half Marathon next weekend!

0 comments: