Saturday, April 21, 2012

10/30: Most Embarrassing Moment

I have had a hard time with this one, probably because I have so many embarrassing moments that it's hard to pick the most embarrassing.  As I was thinking about all these moments, there was definitely a theme, clumsiness/lack of coordination.

For someone that spent the majority of her life gliding around on ice on quarter inch sharp blades, most times with at least 15 other girls, I have some serious issues with coordination sometimes.  Here are a couple of examples from the recent past:

Falling down the stairs at work with an armful of stuff.  Headed towards the team meeting/draw for Team Trials with an armful of papers and a big silver bowl, I fell down nearly ALL the stairs coming down from my office.  I was left with HUGE bruises on my knees and a shattered ego.  Luckily no one was around to see my gracefulness.

Layups.  I was shooting some hoops with the boys one slow day at work and I was seriously embarrassed at my lack of bodily coordination when it comes to layups.  For some reason the ability to dribble, run and lay the ball into the basket just left my body and I was SO awkward.  I promised them I would practice while they were gone and that I would be better when they got back to start training.  I haven't practiced once...

0 comments: