Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Posted by Haley at 10:24 PM
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Heather tagged me in her blog to write ten things that most people don't know about me, so here goes:
1. I love weddings! I love looking at the pictures in wedding magazines...dresses, flowers, rings you name it if it has to do with a wedding it is so interesting to me! In my next life, or maybe in a previous one, I think that I was a wedding planner. There is no way I could actually be a wedding planner because I would get to involved with the couples and not focus on what had to be done for the wedding. Plus, I'm not to good at being mean to people and sometimes you have to be really stern with vendors to make sure they give you what your client wants! (I need to work on being more stern, since I'm sure that is something I'll need in law school, or after)
2. I am obsessed with monograms. I think that it comes from being raised in the south and willingly having every thing that I owned either had my monogram or my name on it. I think that monograms are so classy and stylish. Referring back to number 1, you bet almost everything at my wedding will be monogrammed, to the point of being ridiculous :)
3. Organization is my best friend. I like for things to have a place and for everything to be in that place, at one point in college one of my friends came over and saw my room for the first time and asked me how many calendars I needed. I think we counted 5, I'm better now, but it can only get worse when law school starts...
4. I make the best chocolate chip cookies in the world, according to my roommate and boys on the track crew. I perfected the recipe on the back of the Nestle Tollhouse bag so that they come out perfectly everytime. I do have a lot of practice making them since in my life I have a crew of 12-14 guys at work that love when I bake them treats, and in return they do whatever I want!! I love you, Track Crew :)
5. I've always wanted to change the color of my hair, but really I never would. I love the dark, dark brown that I've got going on and I think if I changed it I would not even recognize myself!
6. I have moved (from state to state) 9 times. See if you can keep up: Mississippi, Utah, Mississippi, Utah, Colorado, Michigan, Utah, Michigan, South Carolina, Utah. It would be more if you counted all the times I moved home while in college, like three more Utah/Michigan moves. I hated moving around when I was a kid because I never really had a "hometown" so when people ask me where I am from its the beginning of a huge story!
7. When my skating team was competing in London, I passed out on the ice from dehydration! I haven't passed out since then (or before), but I just didn't drink enough water, since then I down bottles and bottles of water when I fly!
8. I am allergic to aloe. The plant that is supposed to provide relief from sunburns, makes be break out and look really attractive. We discovered this on a family ski trip, I got a really bad sunburn and we put aloe all over my face, and it broke out SO badly! I walked around with my face covered for the next 3 days...since then I don't touch the stuff, it could have been just a bad reaction but I don't want to risk looking like that again!!
9. I like writing the letter "y". I have decided that some of my kids have to have names with "y"s in them because I love writing that letter, I don't like uppercase y's just lowercase ones...
10. I own more dresses than jeans/pants/shorts. I love dresses and if given the option I would much rather wear a dress than any form of pant. I trace that back to growing up in the south too. I consider myself a southern belle, a little out of her element here in Utah...
Ok, there are my ten things, your turn: Cassie, Steph, Katie Bahr, Holly, Mary Heather, Flem (if you still have a blog!)...Those are all my friends with blogs! Have fun :)
Posted by Haley at 8:35 PM
I know all those that are reading this know that I volunteer for the Make a Wish Foundation. On August 23rd we are having the annual Rubber Ducky Derby at 7 Peaks water park. This year is the 20th Anniversary of the RDD, so it is going to be a huge event!
I am selling duckies for the Derby you can either buy them directly for me or sponsor them online. Each ducky costs $5, or you can get the Ducky Deal--6 duckies for $25. The prizes are pretty amazing the main prize for the winning ducky is 2008 Chevy Aveo5 courtesy of Jerry Seiner Dealerships! There are also some other great prizes for top Ducky finishers! You also get a buy-one, get one 1/2 off pass to Seven Peaks, and other coupons for any duckies you sponsor :)
Here is the website if you want to sponsor duckies: www.makeawishutah.org
**IF you are sponsoring online, please put my name in the field it says "how did you hear about us" that way I get credit for the duckies! They are challenging all the volunteers to sell 20 ducks!
Let me know if you have any questions or want to sponsor with cash or a check and I can get you a form!!
Posted by Haley at 8:35 PM
Monday, July 21, 2008
Posted by Haley at 11:16 PM
Saturday, July 12, 2008
...so I will too :)
As I was unpacking today I discovered a list I made my freshman year of college. It's a list of things that I always want to remember, most of it is copied from a few other lists I've seen around. But here it is for all to see:
ONE. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully
TWO. Marry a man you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.
THREE. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.
FOUR. When you say, "I love you," mean it.
FIVE. When you say, "I'm sorry," look the person in the eye.
SIX. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
SEVEN. Believe in love at first sight.
EIGHT. Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who don't have dreams don't have much.
NINE. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.
TEN. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
ELEVEN. Don't judge people by their relatives.
TWELVE. Talk slowly but think quickly.
THIRTEEN. When someone asks you a question you do not want to answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?"
FOURTEEN. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
FIFTEEN. Say "bless you" when someone sneezes.
SIXTEEN. When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
SEVENTEEN. Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.
EIGHTEEN. Don't let a little dispute ruin a great friendship.
NINETEEN. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
TWENTY. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
TWENTY-ONE. Spend some time alone.
I think that this is a great list, and it is now under the glass in my desk so I can see it every single day :)
Posted by Haley at 11:36 PM
Friday, July 11, 2008
Cassie left this morning for California for 2ish months (she'll be back around this time in September so I guess its only 2 months!)...I'm going to miss her so much because she is the person who keeps me sane, she can rationalize out all my irrational thoughts, so if I am irrational for a while, you'll know why...
Posted by Haley at 9:59 AM
Monday, July 7, 2008
Last week we had our annual tri-birthday dinner. This year we decided to make it more of a reunion event and invited all the girls we used to skate with to come and have dinner. Mimi's Cafe seems to be the place for these get togethers so why change?
It was really great to see everyone, I don't get to see those girls very often so it was nice to see them. Kelly and Tamera were there and I haven't seen them since I graduated from high school (5 years ago!) So it was great to see everyone and we had a great dinner and catching up time.
And Cassie and I are done moving! Now it's time for un-packing!
Posted by Haley at 1:06 PM