Wednesday, April 18, 2012

7/30: Dream Job



I got a taste of my dream job in the summer of 2010.  I worked in International Games at the US Olympic Committee.  If you've met me for any span of time, you know that I am obsessed with the Olympic Games.   I didn't have much of an idea of what they did in IG until I was there.  Let me say its one of the best departments at the USOC.  They essentially plan every single element that goes into sending an American team to the Olympic, Paralympic, Pan American, and Youth Olympic Games.  Not a small task.

This is the dream job for me because not only are you busy 100% of the time, but {as with most jobs at the USOC} you get to help people achieve something they've been working towards sometimes their entire lives.  That is what I especially love about the Olympic Movement, seeing people get to something that has been their life's work is so inspiring.  The work that I do is minuscule compared to the lifetime of work that the athletes put in to reach their Olympic dreams.

0 comments: