Wednesday, April 11, 2012

2/30 Legit Fears {with a bonus Baked Oatmeal recipe}

Describe three legitimate fears you have and explain how they became fears {here we go}

1. Natural Disasters.  This has always been one of my biggest fears.  I am not sure how legitimate this fear is since I live in an area where flooding is probably the biggest threat.  I have always been terrified by tornadoes and earthquakes.  Those two specifically because they are so random and unpredictable.  They are also so devastating and fast, one second everything could be normal and the next your entire life could be gone.

2. Being alone forever. I have this fear that I am going to be alone and family-less for the rest of my life.  It is one of the things I want to accomplish most in my life, and the thing that I am most uncertain about actually happening.  This fear was made worse by a certain male in my life telling me that he was sure there was a girl for every guy but not a guy for every girl.  That gem ratcheted up this fear.  I guess this came from seeing everyone in my life getting married and having babies, I've contemplated quitting Facebook so I don't have to see any more "I'm engaged" or "I'm married" or "We're having a baby".  Don't get me wrong I am extremely happy for all of my friends who are having these life milestones but when you are alone in the middle of nowhere with no real prospects for the future, you get a little aggravated.

3. Not being happy with my body, even when I've reached my goals.  I have been working extremely hard to have the life and body that I want for the remainder of my days.  Running miles and miles every week, eating healthfully and sometimes I feel like it's not going to change anything.  I have moments when I feel really discouraged and I want to quit but just keeping the big picture in mind and stay focused.  This fear comes from trying to lose weight repeatedly and never having much luck, even now I have been stuck at a plateau for weeks and weeks and I fear that I won't be able to break through.  I have to remind myself daily to keep putting one foot in front of the other.



Baked Oatmeal {Adapted from Skinny Taste}

I posted this picture above this morning for my April Photo a Day and I got a couple of requests for the recipe so here it is...

3 small bananas
1 pint blueberries
1/4 c. honey
2 tbsp cinnamon
1 cup quick oats
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 c. almond milk
1 egg
1 tbsp vanilla

Preheat the oven to 350

Slice the bananas and place in the bottom of a 9x9 pyrex.  Put half the blueberries on top of the bananas drizzle with honey and cinnamon.  Bake 15 minutes until the bananas are soft.


While the bananas are in the oven mix in separate bows the oats, baking powder, and cinnamon in one bowl and milk, egg, vanilla, and remaining honey in a second.

Remove the bananas from the oven and pour the oat mixture over the bananas and blueberries.  Pour the milk mixture over the oats, making sure to disburse it evenly.  Add the remaining blueberries to the top of the pan and replace the baking dish in the oven for 45 minutes.

I cut it into 9 servings.  Here's the nutritional breakdown per serving:

Calories: 124
Carbs: 26g
Fat: 2g
Protein: 3g

I made this last night and then just threw it in the microwave for 30 seconds and it was perfect!

0 comments: