Thursday, August 15, 2013

32 Years


I posted this gem on the interwebs today because it was 32 years ago today that my lovely parents were married in the First Baptist Church in New Albany, Mississippi.

 They are the best example to us of what marriage really means.  It doesn't necessarily mean that you like the person a whole lot every single day, but it does mean that you love them.  Loving someone in that way means you're not leaving - no matter how tough times are.  Josh, Rob, and I have all had our moments when our parents could have thrown in the towel in dealing with our issues.  Because we are products of their love and the fruits of their marriage, they stuck it out.


I am grateful daily for the example that they are to me and am a firm believe that my dad follows one of my favorite quotes of all time with regards to marriage:
"The greatest thing a father can do for his children is love their mother"

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!

Side note: Is anyone else glad it's no longer 1981?  (1) Check out my dad's sweet mustache/beard/goatee combo and (2) those bridesmaid's dresses {in pastels no less}. LOVE YOU GUYS!

0 comments: