Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Voices


When we were at my great grandma's funeral this year we were right next to where my grandma (Nanny) was buried 14 years ago.  While I was there reflecting and thinking about how much I miss her and how much I hoped that she was watching down over all of us, I had a troubling thought.  I couldn't remember what her voice sounded like {I am getting teary eyed just writing this that's how much it upset me}.  I never ever want to forget her and when I realized I couldn't hear her voice in my head made me feel like that was starting to happen.

Through the miracle of technology my mom was able to transfer all of our VHS home videos to digital files.  My dad loaded those onto an external hard drive and mailed them to me.  When I watched the first video from Christmas of 1989 it started with my dad filming Nanny and her talking about being on camera (not her favorite) and I was SO happy that I cried because it was like part of her was back with me.

I am so grateful for technology for giving me the gift of hearing her voice again!


1 comments:

hollyberrie3 said...

Haley - I just watched the video. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. Miss that lady so much. Love ya - Holly