Tuesday, August 13, 2013

{mid} Transformation Tuesday


I've been meaning to do this post for a while but I haven't achieved my final goal so I kept saying to myself that I should wait or be further along in my journey before I posted something like this.  But then I had a run like Saturday and this happened:


That run was faster than my runs all week {and longer}, but that wasn't the coolest part.  The best part was that I liked it.  I had fun running 5 miles, transformation #1.  Yesterday when I was driving to where I was going to run I told my mom that I might have to run on a treadmill because it looked like rain, which sounded so painful to me.  A year a go, I did most of my training runs for the October half marathon on a treadmill and loved it.  Like my Lululemon tank top says - I am a runner because I run, transformation #2

I am like a lot of people, I am a scale addict.  My whole life the scale has defined me.  The amount of weight I carry has been something that I allow to limit the way I live.  I am not done, and I would be lying if I said I didn't weigh myself once a week (better than once a day).  I would also be lying if I said I don't care what the scale says.  I do care, a lot.  But I also work very hard during the week to make sure that the number is what I want it to be, if its not, sometimes I have a meltdown.  That meltdown, however, no longer includes binging on food that will make me sick.

Speaking of foods that make me sick---
--I bake things, and these cupcakes were delish, but I indulged in more than one and I wanted to puke.  Because I have taken out most of the refined sugar from my diet, one cupcake too many makes me feel gross.  Three years ago when I really tried to start losing weight with little to no success, I never would have thought that two cupcakes would make me sick, transformation #3.

There are a few of my transformations so far, more to come, get excited.  For now here's this selfie of me being excited!

0 comments: